THQ is a thing of the past, with its existing franchises sold to rival companies across the industry.
The confirmation came today from THQ’s CEO Brian Farrell, via Kotaku, that the company would not be saved from a single sale, but instead be divided as follows:
- SEGA agreed to purchase Relic
- Koch Media agreed to purchase Volition and Metro
- Crytek agreed to purchase Homefront
- Take 2 agreed purchase Evolve
- Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park
Farrell also said that the “THQ family” was “imaginative, creative, artistic and highly valued”:
“The work that you all have done as part of the THQ family is imaginative, creative, artistic and highly valued by our loyal gamers. We are proud of what we have accomplished despite today’s outcome.”
Official confirmation of the new acquisitions this week.