The Gaming Liberty are finally happy to reveal a brand new look for 2012 and the years ahead.
Almost a year in the making, we set out to come up with something that would inherently compliment what you expect from TGL. But what’s changed? Well, quite a number of things actually. In fact, we’re still changing, shifting and adding more content to make TGL 2.0 the best we can make it. So, you may come across small errors, missing images and sometimes maybe even a broken link – but rest assured – we’re looking into it all.
We’re establishing a TGL developer blog, so we’ll keep the nitty and gritty details until then, but in general, here’s what’s changed:
1. We’ve migrated to a larger server – this means more speed, more memory and less downtime.
2. A new design – there’s many facets of the new design that help the readers and developers alike. Such changes include a slicker, quicker to load enviornment, while the development side of things enjoys a brand new upgrade to the exisiting tech – which means a better quality of content published:
- 2.1 The new design introduces a clean, fresh and open look to the site.
- 2.2 The new slider replaces the old one. This means the most important announcements of the week appear here – so keep an eye on it.
- 2.3 Critical TGL annoucements will appear in a banner across the top of the page – so if you see this, it means you should read it.
- 2.4 Post categories are clearly listed on the front page, so you know what formats the game applies to – even before reading the post. In fact, by clicking these categories, you can find an archive page that shows all content applicable to said category.
3. A brand new menu system – TGL’s brand new menu system replaces the old one. Now, more than ever, it’s easier to find and gain access to the content that you want: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- 3.1 The new menu system displays the console developers – with the consoles as a sub-header. Scroll through these to access specific content.
- 3.2 You can also find the new “Hubs” tap on the menu system. This acts as a portal to some of TGL’s original content like voice actor interview, exclusive competitions and much more.
4. A brand new way to search – TGL is now powered by a brand new search system. The system, much like popluar search engines, will attempt to guess the content you are looking for as you type. It’s also a progressive tool which means it will learn and grow not only larger, but more accurate in time.
4. Social integration – It couldn’t be an easier to share content with friends, family and fellow gamers. Simply boot up a post and select the applicaable social network to share the news.
- 4.1 The social medium, as you know, is vital to the growth and reputation of sites. We have therefore decided to embrace as many social sites as possible.
- 4.2 Social elements are found right across TGL now:
- 4.2.1 The front page displays a facebook/twitter social box.
- 4.2.2 The front page also lists social buttons under each and ever post. Like the sound of breaking news? Then simply click one of the social buttons to send it directly to the respective site.
So, that’s a little tour of what’s here right now. When our developer blog goes live, you’ll find a complete and extensive breakdown of what’s new. But until then, we’d encourage you to take a peak around.
But what’s to come?
One of the final pieces of the puzzle is to do with our amazing community. We have a brand new forum which is completely integrated with TGL on standby, but as we hammer our some minor code bugs, it will remain offline. Expect news and a scheduled released this October (October 2012).
On behalf of Team TGL
We’d like to thank you for your patience during the downtime. It was much longer than we anticipated, but what kept us going – more than anything – was the collection of PMs, DMS and facebook messages that appeared in our inbox. We have such an amazing community, and we’re genuinely humbled at how enthusiastic and energetic you all are.