Gotta’ love leaks…
NeoGaf user ImLibo has revealed a plethora of new Dead Space 3 details thanks to July’s issue of Gameinformer. The details doubley confirm co-op, as well as revealing not only is Issac’s co-op partner named “Carver”, but that the game won’t contain a competative multiplayer mode and more. Here’s the full breakdown on what to expect:
- The Icy Planet is called “Tau Volantis”
- No competitive multiplayer
- Game offers universal ammo pickups
- New Cover system added
- Unitologists pose a threat now
- Co-op contains new cutscenes and interactions between Isaac and Carver
- New necromorphs are called “Fodder” and “feeders”. Visceral also refers to something called “The snow beast”. There’s also details about a “30 story tall centipede necro-morph called “The Nexus”"
- Feeders, the magazine reveals, are “what happens when a human isn’t actually infected by a Swarm or by a Divider head, but by necessity ends up eating the flesh of a turned necro”
- Ammo drops are more plentiful
- Visceral want the title to be less linear than previous outings. Players will be able to explore “large environments” and find “unique beta missions” that aren’t required to complete the main game
- Players can create hybrid guns by combining weapons like the Plasma cutter and the Ripper.
Exppect more news at E3.