Ubisoft have confirmed the PC copies of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will not ship with a DRM security feature.
The controversial feature, which has cost Ubisoft the trust of many gamers, will not be part of the final build. Gamers will in fact only need online capabilities to verify the product in a once off registration, or to play online modes. In the same breath, Ubisoft have confirmed the PC requirements for the game when it launches June 12th – here’s what you need Ghosts:
- CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9450/ AMD Phenom II X4 940 or higher
- RAM: 2 GB Windows® XP / 3 GB Windows Vista® & 7®
- Graphics Card: 1024 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card based on nVidia *GeForce GTX 460 or AMD/ATi HD 5850 or better
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows® XP (with Service Pack 3)/Windows Vista® (with Service Pack 2) / Windows 7® (with Service pack 1), both 32 bit & 64 bit versions.
- PROCESSOR: Intel Pentium D 3.0 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ 2.2Ghz
- RAM: 1GB Windows XP / 2GB Windows Vista or Windows 7
- VIDEO CARD: 256 MB DirectX–compliant, Shader 4.0–enabled video card
- DIRECT X®: DirectX 9.0c
- DVD-ROM DRIVE: DVD-ROM speed 4x, dual-layer drive
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c – compliant sound card
- HDD space : 25 GB