Metal Gear Solid 5 is going to be set in Africa, at least that’s what PSM3 seem to think. The magazine is running a feature in their latest issue that interprets the recent job listings for the “Next MGS” and where they think the next game will take place based on the timeline still available to Hideo to get another game out of the decade spanning Metal Gear story arc. Here’s what PSM3 think MGS5 will entail.
- It will be set somewhere in Africa, possibly Angola.
- It will take place some time between 1974 and 1980.
- You will play as Big Boss.
- The Diamond Dogs logo that featured on the “Next MGS” job site could be a reference to David Bowie’s 1974 album of the same name. Hideo is a huge Bowie fan and has used Bowie refernces in the MGS series before (Major Tom-MGS3 for example).
- Frank Jaeger aka the Cyborg Ninja will most likely feature, further reinforcing the notion that the game will be set in Africa. Jaeger has strong links to many Africa countries.
- Hideo’s oft mentioned “Project Ogre” could well have been MGS5 all this time.
- MGS5 will further expand on the origins of the Patriots and the realization of their philosophical thought process.
- Solid Snake might well feature as a child in the game in some way.
Head over to CVG for more on this. PSM3′s ideas are just opinions but they make some valid points. Let’s pray that there’s something at E3 in relation to this.