The new GameInformer is carrying a bevy of brand new story, combat and setting details – but you don’t have to wait for it, as we got ‘em right here for you. Posted by Gamingbolt, the new details reveal that the new protagonist is “the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier”. Named Connor, his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton.
While we fumble around the office trying to pronounce that, here’s some of the finer details, but be sure to head on over to Gamingbolt for the rest:
- The new Assassin is the son of a Native American woman and a British soldier. He calls himself Connor, but his birth name is Ratohnhaké:ton. Born into the Mohawk, he eventually crosses paths with the Assassins in his search for righteousness.
- Connor is quiet and stoic, letting actions speak for himself rather than conversing with others. In contrast to Ezio, Connor is a freedom fighter who acts in the name of justice rather than on personal revenge.
- Settings will include Boston, New York and a large countryside. The countryside will be the setting of about 1/3 of the game, and will be the location of many events during the game. The countryside will be about 1.5 times as big as Rome in Brotherhood.
- The protagonist will fight on the American side, with primary allies being George Washington, Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee. However, this does not mean that the Americans are the good guys and the British are the bad guys. Templars are everywhere.
- There will be seasons in the game, meaning that the sun will shine during summer and the landscape will be covered in snow during winter. This is probably the best new feature in Assassin’s Creed 3.
- You can chain kills in the game using the tomahawk and the knife.
- Fighting and stealth will be completely redesigned, with Connor being compared to a “predator”. The player will be able to climb trees and other natural elements, and dual-wielding weapons such as a dagger and a tomahawk is now also an option.
- Animals will be present in the woods, like deer and bears. The player will be able to kill them and pelt their skins, to sell them later with the reformed economic system of the game.
- There will be puzzles similar to The Truth, only they will not be given by Subject 16.
- Desmond will go into the new Animus 3.0 and will find himself going into “significant events”.
- 100% sync in memories returns, though this time you will be rewarded when you complete memories to 100%. Checkpoints will also be introduced to mission replay, meaning you don’t have to replay an entire mission to get that 100% sync.