Konami have reportedly dropped out of the as yet to be formally announced Silent Scope reboot from developers Day 1, all but shutting down development on the project and leaving 95% of the Day 1 Silent Scope team without a job.
Gamespot have it that Day 1 was working on a new instalment of the classic arcade game for Konami, the first game in the series since 2003. However, Konami have reportedly pulled out of the project with 95% of the Day 1 team working on Silent Scope losing their jobs in the process. Day 1 will now work on a smaller project with the remaining 5%. You can probably take therefore that any Silent Scope reboot will now not be happening.
Expect Day 1 to release a statement early next week in relation to the layoffs. It’s never nice to hear about job losses in the run up to the festive season.