Bad. Bad. Bad.
Ubisoft have sent out emails to confirmed owners (via Uplay system) of Call of Juarez: The Cartel in an attempt to understand why the game was so repulsive. The email contains a questionnaire which asks players about what console they own, which of the Call of Juarez titles is their favourite, how they would rate “The Cartel” and which character they picked.
It even goes as far as confirming that not only is there potentially more to come, but that the team at developers Techland are considering the return of Ray McCall.
Interestingly, Ubisoft also ask for your help deciding what type of gameplay set pieces might actually make their way into the final version of the as yet to be announced game. The selection, offered by Ubisoft, is below:
- Hunting an outlaw in the rocky mountains
- Defending a ranch attacked by Mexican pistolleros
- Preventing a bank robbery
- Rescuing an innocent man about to be hanged up
- Taking part in a shooting contest
- A gun duel in the empty main street of a town against your worst enemy
- Guarding a fort against a group of outlaws
- Helping a man to escape from the sheriff’s office
- Defending a train attacked by Native Americans on horses
- A gunfight in a saloon after a poker game
- Preventing outlaws from pillaging a gold mine
- A fusillade between lawmen and outlaws
Do we really need another shoddy Call of Juarez game from Techland? Wasn’t The Cartel enough? Ubisoft think otherwise. But, what do you think?