This Battlefield 3 Vs. Modern Warfare 3 ‘feud’ is getting better by the day.
Last Wednesday at E3 Activision’s Bobby Kotick was asked to comment on Battlefield 3′s chances in the console market. He said that he he couldn’t “objectively comment on it”, what with the game only being shown on PC at the show. The comment will now forever be known as the ‘beginning’ of the war between the two. We thought it had already begun, but this is not just a war of shooters, it’s a war of words.
EA CEO John Riccitiello has now himself weighed in on all of this stating that E3 2011 is “the beginning of the war” between BF3 and MW3. Bobby Kotick “recognises [Activision's] going to be threatened” by BF3.
“We’re going to have a clash of the titans this fall,” Riccitiello told news agency Reuters. “The very fact that he’s trying to cast doubt on our game is a perfect example of how we got his goat. In terms of where this goes, we think our PS3 game is better than their Xbox game and our PC game is better than their PC game.”
“If that’s all he’s got to say, it’s obviously going to evaporate as we launch all three. If you went to our press conference, you saw the PS3 footage and the Xbox footage. If Bobby thinks that is PC footage, he’s in real trouble.”
Last week it was reported that Bobby Kotick was refused access to a playable demo of Battlefield 3 on the E3 showroom floor.
Over to you Bobby, what have you got to say to all of this?
Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 launch this October and November respectively.
Thanks to CVG.