Signal Studios have formally announced Toy Soldiers: Cold War. The new add-on for the game is set to be the most explosive to date with a new co-op mode, new weapons and more. Here’s the details:
The Cold War ignites when ‘80s era action toys come alive and wage war! Toy Soldiers: Cold War delivers hours of intense combat combined with addictive action strategy gameplay. Superpowers collide in this playful homage to ’80s action toys and films. Command the powerful Cold War arsenals of the USA or USSR armies! Control base turrets, modern combat vehicles, fighter jets, attack helicopters, and commando action figures. Whether lighting up the Toy Box alone or jumping into the fray with your friends, battle in campaign, co-op, or competitive modes. Fight for the high score in the addictive mini-games, and while you’re at it, don’t forget to BLOW EVERYTHING UP!
Toy Soldiers: Cold War features:
- Fight the good fight! The Wall did not come down! Control the entire might of the Stars and Stripes to stop the invading forces of the Evil Empire! On land or in the air – drive, fly, and battle your way to victory!
- Highlights: Command the USA and USSR armies with brand new modern weapons and vehicles. Multiple Attack Barrages, Co-op or Single Player Campaign, improved Multiplayer Action, Co-op Survival Modes including Classic, Lockdown, and Hardcore, and fast-paced competitive Mini-Games!
- New Co-op Mode: Join forces with your friends and play on the couch or over Xbox LIVE in Campaign or Survival modes.
- Modern Drivable Units: Hulking battle tanks, fierce attack helicopters, explosive fighter jets, ATVs and more!
- Attack Barrages: Expanded barrage rewards, including First Person Special Forces soldiers, AC-130 gun ships, B-52 bombers, Artillery strikes and Nuke missiles.
- Intensely Addictive Mini-Games! Take a break from the main battle and compete with friends online to rack up the high score in playful mini-games. Hidden challenges in each level encourage replayability and reward player skill.
- New Secondary Turret Features: Grenade launchers, cluster bombs, scopes, missile locks, tactical vision, Overcharge Mode and more!
- Additional Unit Trees: Take down the enemy with WD-40 flame throwers, fireworks, and bug spray!
- Improved: Replayability is improved with Checkpoint Rewind; new and sophisticated driving physics; revamped dynamic destructible environments; new enemy wave behaviors and AI.
Microsoft have outlined their PAX line-up and there’s something rather strange, yet interesting hiding amongst the details. Major Nelson, while posting the news on his blog, posted something named “Toy Soldiers: Cold War”. The game has yet to be revealed officially so whether it’s a DLC pack coming, or possibly even a stand alone game – we can’t say. Here’s the details that were posted:
“Toy Soldiers: Cold War – The Cold War is decided when ‘80s era action toys come alive and wage war! “Toy Soldiers: Cold War” blends intense first person combat with addictive action strategy, whether you’re scrapping solo or jumping into the fray with friends”.
We’ll see what we can dig up.