The Forecasting & Analyzing Digital Entertainment firm (FADE) have revealed their data collection of the revenue that Microsoft has earned on Xbox Live Arcade titles alone and if big number make you dizzy: then you best sit down. For the month of August alone, their gross revenue was $17.5 million and that’s up 6% from last year’s then record-breaking $16.5 million. Here’s the break-down of the most successful titles in August based on revenue:
- Monday Night Combat (Uber Entertainment) – 187,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (Konami) – 131,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- LIMBO (Playdead) – 128,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light (Crystal Dynamics) – 107,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Ubisoft) – 79,000 units (800 Microsoft Points)
- Hydro Thunder Hurricane (WB Games) – 50,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Trials HD (RedLynx, LTD) – 47,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Shank (Klei Entertainment Inc) – 41,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
- Deadliest Warrior (Pipeworks Software) – 55,000 units (800 Microsoft Points)
- Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) – 31,000 units (1200 Microsoft Points)
Did you buy any of the above? Mentioned as well was the overall sales of the monster that is Trials HD. Trials HD to date has” broken 1 million units sold, with its life-to-date total now standing at 1,005,000 units through August 2010″. It is an awesome game – I have to get back to it and beat the times set by our in-house purveyor of all things weird and wonderful Ravnus and his merry men.
Oh and the “Summer of Arcade” was a major success thanks to hits like Scott Pilgrim and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero as mentioned by Director of Research & Analysis at FADE, Benjamin Schlichter: “Summer of Arcade was, for the third year in a row, a massive success for Microsoft and its publishers”.