Fumito Ueda creator of Ico, Shadow of The Colossus and The Last Guardian has told Famitsu magazine in an interview that we can expect a lot of information regarding the latter title in 2010. Ever since the game was officially revealed at E3 2009, we’ve essentially heard nothing of the game. Even though Ueda doesn’t give us any idea of when the game will be set for release, he does indicate that he is eager to release the game as soon as viably possible.
Here’s a quick summary of what the interview says courtesy of Team Ico Gamers:
- The game uses gameplay elements from ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, like climbing, grabbing, etc…
- The team is paying great attention to make Toriko’s movements look smooth and the levels look natural.
- Ueda was very surprised at how the world, especially the West, reacted to the game’s reveal at E3. He’s very happy about the positive reaction.
- Because of this the team is feeling greater pressure than ever before.
- They’re really trying to make Toriko look real and alive. That’s where the team is focusing most.
- The animations of the characters are tied to the physics engine. They’re really trying to make movements look natural.
- The new physics engine has improved how the characters react to each other.
- New information could come at E3 or TGS or any point during the year, it hasn’t been decided yet.
- The game will be different and fun.
Let’s pray Ueda gets this out by year’s end. The Last Guardian is exclusive to Playstation 3.